MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
CALL TO ORDER:
The General Session of the Board of Directors meeting of the Autumn Wood at Hunter's Field Homeowners Association was held on September 15, 2016 at CT Prop Conference Room #212 at 5775 Los
Angeles Av, Simi Valley, CA 93063. The meeting was called to order by President, Sean Wolpin, at 7:08 p.m.
Sean Wolpin, President
Frank Boardman, Vice President
Rashmi Shah, Treasurer
Ben Adelstein, Member at Large
Miguel Chavez, Member at Large
Chris Hernandez, Member at
CT PROP MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE:
EVENT CALENDAR REVIEW:
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA:
EXECUTIVE ACTIONS DISCLOSURE:
- The Association's total current assets are $231,992. Last month the total assets were $228,735. The amounts continue to meet the demands of
HOA operational budget and requirements for asset replacement or repair.
- Water bill was slightly higher than average: Most likely due to high heat and evaporation during the summer months (RESOLVED).
- A credit of $50 was received from the Landscape contractor due to a double billing (RESOLVED).
- Rashmi asked for the details of $16.07 expensed in August (GL 5700). Carol said it was for new latch for the Women's bathroom door at the pool. (
RESOLVED). The Management expense for August included $80.47 for folders etc. (RESOLVED).
- "Reserve Allocation Expense" was changed to "Reserve Expenses" on p.13 as recommended by Frank. (RESOLVED).
- Carol explained an accounting procedure: When a check is cut, it is entered against the appropriate General Ledger (GL) line item, which is part of
Operating Account. Reserve Account now owes that money to Operating Account, so that amount is transferred to Operating Account from Reserve Account. (RESOLVED)
- The Landscape Maintenance contract renewal is expected to be higher than the current one. Chris will find out how much the increase will be (Actionee:
Frank moved to accept the Treasurer's report, Ben seconded it. Motion carried. (M/S/C/6-0)
Document Retention Policy: See Information Committee Report.
New Architectural Committee Chair: Ben accepted the chairmanship of the Architectural Committee.
Drone Issue: Association homeowners are concerned about drone use in the neighborhood. However, The HOA does not have authority to set policy regarding their
use. It is a matter of concern, so HOA will continue looking into it (CLOSED).
Reserve Study Review: RSI prepared the second draft for review. A few components fell within the Operating Budget. Frank recommended lowering the expense
threshold to enable the use of Reserve funds for Component maintenance, thereby reducing the O&M account depletion rate.
Sean moved to lower the threshold to $300, Rashmi seconded it. Motion carried. (M/S/C/6-0)
Also Frank made a motion to move $133.78 from Operating & Maintenance to Reserves to meet the third quarter goal, Rashmi seconded it. Motion carried. (M/S/C/6-0)
Insurance Policy: : The Board reviewed the State Farm policy for 2017. The Board elected to retain the SF policy in spite of the 2% increase because the
policy includes a beneficial earthquake clause. Rashmi moved to accept the policy; Frank seconded. Motion carried. (M/S/C/6-0)
Draft Budget: Actual expense figures for September are needed for a more accurate portrayal of Association spending. The Committee will meet to develop a 2017 budget
for presentation to the Board during the October meeting.
Tree Trimming Review: No proposal yet submitted by Bright View. Chris will solicit from Bight View. Chris will complete the review by October 10 (Actionee: Chris)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING:
The next General Session of the Board of Directors will be held Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at CT Prop Conference Room #212 at 5775 Los Angeles Av, Simi Valley, CA
With there being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
AS RECORDED BY: Satish Shah